Planning and Zoning Commission
Planning and Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall organize and adopt rules in accordance with the requirements of the Charter of the city. Meetings of the Commission shall be held at the call of the chairperson, and at such other times as the Commission determines. All meetings of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be open to the public. The Planning Commission shall keep minutes of its proceedings, showing the vote of each member upon each question, or if absent or failing to vote, indicating such fact, and shall keep public records of its actions.
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall consist of seven members appointed by the City Council to serve at the pleasure of Council. The powers and duties shall be as provided in the City Charter and as provided by ordinances and resolutions of Council.
The city shall provide a stipend, as set forth by ordinance, to the members of the Planning and Zoning Commission while they are serving on the Commission.
Terms of Office
Each member shall hold office from the date of his or her appointment for a term of three years. Any member may continue in office after his or her term expires until an appointed successor takes office; or until 60 days have elapsed, whichever occurs first.
All vacancies created by the expiration of the terms, resignations, or other means shall be filled in accordance with the requirements of division above. In the event the requirements of division cannot be met, Council may fill vacancies as it may deem appropriate. Vacancies shall be filled within 60 days as prescribed in Article VII of the City Charter. A member appointed to fill a vacancy shall serve out the term of the previous member.
Rules of Procedure and Guidelines
The Commission shall establish its Rules of Procedure and Guidelines with approval from City Council.
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall organize annually and elect a Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson.
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall meet as determined necessary by the Chair. The Commission shall comply with Section 7.02 of the Revised Charter of Dublin, Ohio. The Chair shall have responsibility to establish an agenda jointly with city staff for each meeting. Minutes of all the Commission’s activities shall be kept and forwarded to Council, and an annual report covering its activities shall be prepared by the Commission each year.
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall have the following powers and duties:
- Review of preliminary and final plats and recommendation of action of Council
- Review of amendments to the zoning map and to the zoning ordinance and recommendation of action to Council
- Review of development proposals under the provisions of § 153.066 within the Bridge Street Corridor districts
- Authorize conditional uses as specifically authorized by the terms of the zoning ordinance
- Initiate the inclusion of annexed territory in one or more of the zoning districts defined in the zoning ordinance as amended
- Review and approve final development plans, development plans, amended and revised development plans and plan refinements for planned districts
- Initiate rezoning applications
- Exceptions to the subdivision regulations as provided in Chapter 152
- All other powers and duties as may be provided by the City Charter and city ordinances as amended.